Friday, October 1, 2010

A Thank You and A Date

 (A note from Anita)
Dear Friends,

Thanks to all of you who are praying for me .  Some of you I don't know personally, only through Dori, so thank you very much for remembering me in your prayers.

God is a very big and awesome God and does wonderful and awesome things, so I am resting in Him and in His will.  That's what I've done for over 60 years and never once has He failed me.  He will not fail me now.  He promises to "work all things for my good" and I know that every promise in the Word of God is true-so I am secure in His love; and in His will there is no safer place to be.

Your prayers mean more to me than I can express and saying "thank you" seems inadequate, but I know God will bless you with a special blessing because you do.

Trusting in Him who is Faithful,
Anita

~ In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the Saints according to the will of God.  And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, those who are called according to His purpose.  Romans 8:26-28 

Shannon flew home yesterday, but before she left she was able to strong-arm a bit more information from the Dr.'s Assistant, Robyn.  (I told her on Wednesday that SHE should be the one to call the Dr., but no, she made me do it.)  My mom will still meet with the Dr. on the 11th, but they have scheduled her surgery for the 14th.  Shannon asked if it would be a mastectomy, and the assistant said that Dr. Schuss is planning a lumpectomy.  He is still waiting on the red spot (which my mom and sister both think is a bit lighter) to fade.  If it doesn't fade, I'm not sure what changes will be made.

Shannon plans to fly back to be here for mom's surgery and it sounds like my mom's brother Jim and his wife (a nurse) Connie will also be coming to help out.

It's not just my mom that is thankful for your prayers.  Shannon and I are very blessed by the wonderful friends and family God has placed in our lives.  I know that if it weren't for all the people praying, I would be a nervous wreck.  As it is, I am able to wait, not patiently, really, but I am waiting in peace--God's peace.  So, we may not say it every time, but we love you all and are deeply touched by your concerns and faithful prayers.

To God be ALL glory!

Standing on the promises of God, Dori

No comments:

Post a Comment